Social and Behaviour Change
Many of the challenges we face globally can be traced back to human behaviour, yet it’s not always clear why humans do the things that we do. In fact, scientists estimate that over 90% of behaviour is subconsciously motivated – influenced heavily by context and cognitive biases, and therefore often cannot be explained by logic alone. For this reason, conventional research methods like interviews and focus group discussions are insufficient in uncovering the core, underlying drivers of human behaviour.
ThinkPlace’s social and behaviour change (SBC) practice is committed to transforming human behaviour by deeply understanding what drives behaviour and deploying interventions and tactics that draw on psychology and behavioural economics to shift that behaviour in a constructive, sustainable way.
How ThinkPlace can help
- Behavioural research that uncovers deep insights about the drivers of human behaviour, including what triggers and cues will be most influential in positively shifting behaviour
- Behaviour change strategy that provides a clear, comprehensive roadmap for evidence-based decision-making and designing effective behavioural interventions at organisation, community, national and global levels
- Intervention design and testing that deliver bespoke behavioural nudges for your context and stakeholders, including rapid design, testing and evaluation, and then implementation at scale
- Social and behaviour change communications (SBCC), by using strategic communications approaches to promote a change in attitudes, beliefs, behaviours and norms
- Social norm change that is authentically community-led, by targeting shifts in social expectations and leveraging context-specific tactics for behaviour change
- Entertainment education (edutainment) that joins powerful education theory and engaging experiences to support widespread learning, application, and diffusion of knowledge for behaviour change
- Gamification that leverages game mechanics for non-game contexts, to engage audiences, enhance user experiences and transform behaviours, through the design and building of digital and analogue games and gamification, such as tabletop games, workplace gamification, browser-based gamification, and mobile app.
- Behavioural design upskilling and capacity building through our hands-on, engaging and fit-for-purpose behavioural design labs and behavioural design sprints. These experiences off your team a firsthand understanding of the behavioural design process while simultaneously solving a behavioural challenge in real time.